ANTUR STINIOG - Open Year-Round!
10 Dec 2015
New Addition to WorldBikeParks website! ANTUR STINIOG is Located in North Wales, UK. Overview & Video from recent BritishDownhillSeries Race.
Track your bike park laps, vertical, distance and speed - check out the Antur Stiniog Leaderboards on BikeParkPRO.com!"
- The location is North Wales (Snowdonia Mountains), next to the town of Blaenau Ffestiniog (well known for its Slate Quarries).
- Established in June 2007 as a not-for-profit enterprise for the benefit of local tourism and economy.
- Open Year-Round! Generally, Thursday-thru-Sunday from 10am-4:15pm. Be sure to book ahead online (Full day or half day).
- Uplift via Minibus with bike trailer. Typically, riders can make ~15 runs down the mountain per day.
- Currently the bike park has 5 DH Trails on offer with approximately 220 meters of vertical descent:
"Y Du" (Double Black) - the Premier DH trail.
"Black Powder" (Single Black) - rocks & jumps...not for the faint hearted.
"Drafft" (Red) - Intro to Freeride/DH.
"Wild Cart" (Red) - Freeride Fun.
"Jympar" (Blue) - Novice DH rider.
New for 2015! - "Scrubadub" is a new 'section' of trail with loads of JUMPS that lead to the "Wild Cart" trail.
*Trails are exposed to the elements, so, when wet, avoid the shiny slate!
- Pumptrack and Zipline on the property.
- Antur Cafe' onsite has received high praise for their full breakfast and lunch menu...and super friendly staff.
- DH bike rental available.